Monday, June 28, 2010

Pre-Tokyo

All in all, I think I’d call the weekend win.  I mean, especially since we started early.  On Thursday night we had a party in Aida’s room with lots of dancing and music.  Then we woke up early on Friday to do research for our History projects.  I’m looking into Japanese interior design; specifically, how the old styles affect today’s designs, because a lot of Japanese people still have tatami mat rooms in their homes.  But on the other hand, a lot of houses are become more and more westernized… I’m not exactly focused yet (^.^;  But I’m getting there.  Then we went to preschool and oh my god do I love those children.  My favorite is a little girl named Miho and I wish I could understand better what she was saying to me so that I could talk to her.  We were drawing together.  Then when we came back from preschool we had a picnic in the park near our building.  Everyone cooked food and we brought all the tables and chairs from the building to the landing next to the river.  It was actually really fun, and we danced a little bit and got to know everyone a little better.  A bunch of the IJST students came and a lot of our Japanese friends came too. After that we had a party in Tyler’s room, and I ended up giving everyone massages.  It was a lot of fun, but my sleep schedule is definitely skewed.  I don’t even know when it started, but it’s been pretty messed up for a while now.  We usually stay up until like, 4 am on the weekends, and don’t wake up until well after noon.  So on Saturday we didn’t wake up until like, noon or something.  And I kind of spent a couple hours lying in bed being emo because the weather reminded me of Kailua and it made me homesick really bad.  Also, I was listening to Hawaiian music.  So I wandered downstairs and found Savannah and we watched a whole bunch of Hana Yori Dango Returns.  And I want to watch it again because I’m feeling emo again.  I kind of want to watch Hana Kimi and Kimi wa Petto and Smile and Riida’s new drama, Kaibutsu-kun.  Then we went to Karaoke and that was really fun… we were there from like, 9pm to 4 am.  Those are the hours that Japanese people karaoke.  It’s kind of ridiculous, but at the same time amazingly fun.  We also had all you can eat ice cream.  And we sang a bunch of Arashi songs and had a lot of fun.  Then I didn’t wake up until three on Sunday.  Then I watched Shukudai Kun with Ele and couldn’t fall asleep last night at all.  Craaaazy.  Our Karaoke on Sunday got canceled because I guess Keita was busy with something or another.  Today for JSS we basically went to the other campus to walk to an ice cream place :)  It was good times, definitely.  Tomorrow I have to go to Nonoichi to get my new Alien Registration Card before we go to Tokyo on Thursday night.  I’m pretty excited for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment